In 1956, there was a horrible flood that struck Middleton and almost destroyed it.
In 2008, the mayor was Tom Tinsdale with police chief Jake Russell ready to help the community. Cassie Nightingale moved to Middleton at the beginning of the year, and began living in the once dilapidated Grey House, which she planned to rebuild. The town was rattled by Cassie's sudden arrival, especially when her new-age shop, Bell, Book & Candle, opened on Main street. Rumors spread about Cassie being a witch, and the town revolted against her. However, after a while, Martha Tinsdale accepted that Cassie wasn't Evil and the rest of town slowly began to fall under her spell.
In 2009, the town celebrated its two-hundred-year anniversary.
During 2015, Mayor Tom Tinsdale proposed an annexation bridge that would merge Middleton and the rival town, Blairsville together. A group of townspeople banded together to stop the annexation, which led to Cassie Nightingale being elected as a candidate for Mayor.
Locations Within Middleton Edit
- The Middleton Eagle (Town Paper)
- Martha's Sweet Beginnings
- The Bistro Cafe
- Stephanie's Catering
- Bell, Book & Candle
- Abigail's Flower Market
- Grey House
- Radford House
- Tinsdale House
- Stephanie's House
- Russell House (sold)
Local Government Edit
Notable Residents Edit
Events and Festivals Edit
- Harvest Festival -- The annual harvest festival is held each year and mirrors the long-standing competition between Middleton and Blairsville.
- Lights Festival -- One of the grandest and more complicated ceremonies in Middleton, the festival used to be managed by Bonnie. However, when Bonnie was forced to call out last minute, the baton passed to an all-to eager Abigail. The festival required the manager to confirm concession stands, notify businesses of their duty to decorate, as well as oversee the staff for the entire festival. Middleton was also best known for their signature Ferris wheel, that gave an amazing view of the town. When Abigail failed to come through with planning the ceremony, Stephanie and Mayor Tinsdale were forced to step-up and realized that the ceremony always needed more than one person to manage it.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- "Middleton" is a real city located in Washington as well as a town in Massachusettes.
- The towns major rival is Blairsville, as the latter is a larger town with more supplies and press.
- Middleton is known to be close to several large lakes and has at least one major river running through it.
- Even though it is described as a small town, it does have its own high school.
- Their first bad storm began in, The Storm, and ended during, Together We Stand....
- The town has had two known female mayors, Martha Tinsdale and Cassie Nightingale, and one known male mayor, Tom Tinsdale.
- Halloween is one of Middleton's largest events, and the one holiday that brings in the most tourists and pulls residents out of their homes.
- The address for City Hall is 1875.