Good Witch is a Hallmark Channel original American drama television series that is based on the made-for-TV movie series. The series premiered with 2-hour episode on February 28, 2015, and is slated for an eight-episode run with both the premiere and finale episodes are 2 hours.
Catherine Bell reprises her role of Cassie Nightingale in this series based on "The Good Witch" franchise of made-for-TV movies. Nightingale, the titular sorceress, embarks on a magical journey with her teenage daughter Grace, who shares her mother's intuitive charm. When divorced Dr. Sam Radford and his teenage son move next door, they are quickly drawn to the Nightingales' unique prowess. Sam realizes that Cassie's signature charm is more than just a magic touch, ensuring the quaint town of Middleton is in for big surprises.
- Catherine Bell as Cassandra "Cassie" Nightingale
- Bailee Madison as Grace Russell
- James Denton as Dr. Sam Radford
- Rhys Matthew Bond as Nick Radford
- Catherine Disher as Martha Tinsdale
- Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Lori Russell
- Dan Jeanotte as Brandon Russell
- Peter MacNeill as George O'Hanrahan
- Noah Cappe as Derek Sanders
- Ashley Leggat as Tara Russell (Season 2-present)
- Anthony Lemke as Ryan Elliott (Season 1 only)
- Shane Harte as Anthony (Season 1 only)
Awards and Nominations Edit
|Year||Type of Award||Name of Award||Recipient(s)||Status|
|2015||The Joey Awards, Vancouver||Best Actor in a TV Comedy or Action Featured Role||Rhys Matthew Bond||Nominated|
|2015||Directors Guild of Canada||DGC Craft Award||Sound Editing - Television Series|
Alex Bullick (SFX Editor)
Nelson Ferreira (Dialogue Editor)
John Douglas Smith (ADR Editor)
Rose Gregoris (1st Assistant Sound Editor: For episode 101, "Starting Over...Again")
|2018||ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards||Top Television Series||Good Witch cast|
Michael Berec (composer)
Hallmark Channel (network)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Hallmark approached Catherine Bell after she finished filming Army Wives in the hopes that she would accept their offer to turn the movie franchise into a TV series, and she graciously accepted.
- Catherine Bell's favorite part of the show is that her kids can watch it and so can other adults. This is due to the lightness of the show and the fact that people can watch it and feel better at the end of the show.
- Chris Potter was unavailable for the series, which led to the introduction of James Denton's character.
- The original Bell, Book & Candle set was torn down, so the crew rebuilt it as a bigger and brighter set.
- The crew also rebuilt Grey House as a set, due to the original filming happening in an actual house in Hamilton. The house in Hamilton is still used for exterior shots.
- The Grey Lady painting was redone for the series.
- Good Witch at the Internet Movie Database
- Good Witch - A Hallmark Channel Original Series official website